Business Warehouse is now widely used to describe analytic applications. It has become a strategic initiative and is now recognized as instrumental in driving business effectiveness and innovation. Business Warehouse provides you with a high-performance infrastructure that helps you evaluate and interpret data. Decision makers can make well-founded decisions and identify target-orientated activities on the basis of the analyzed data.
Reporting, analysis and interpretation of business data are crucial to preserve and enhance the competitive edge of companies by optimizing processes and enabling them to react quickly and in line with market needs. Business Warehouse provides tools and functions that enable companies to attain these goals. In Business warehouse, you can integrate, transform, and consolidate relevant business information from productive applications and external data sources.
How it works?
The procedure consists of two major activities: getting information in and getting information out. Getting information in, generally referred to as information warehousing, includes relocating information from a set of source systems into an incorporated information warehouse. Getting information in provides restricted value: the company can just benefit when applications and individuals gain access to the information and utilize it to make the right decisions. Getting information out gets most attention from companies. This task, typically described as business intelligence, includes business individuals and applications accessing information from the information warehouse to carry out enterprise reporting, OLAP, querying and predictive analytics.
Like most data warehouses, BW is a combination of databases and database management tools that are used to support management decision making. BW supplies the infrastructure typical of data warehouses, but also includes preconfigured data extractors, analysis and report tools, and business process models. Among the other features of BW are: Business Application Programming Interfaces (BAPIs) that enable connections to non-R/3 applications; preconfigured business content; an integrated OLAP processor; automated data extraction and loading routines; a metadata repository; administrative tools; multiple language support; and Business Explorer, a Web-based user interface.
It may be helpful to consider layer that make up the structure of SAP’s BI solution:
- Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) layer – responsible for extracting data from a specific source, applying transformation rules, and loading it into the Data Warehouse Area.
- Data Warehouse Area – responsible for storing the information in various types of structures.
- Reporting – for accessing the information in data warehouse area and presenting it in a user-friendly manner to the analyst or business user.
- Planning and analysis – Provides capabilities for the user to run simulations and perform tasks such as budget calculations.
The business content can be modified to meet an organization’s specific requirements; however, this requires a longer process of customization of the pre-defined elements.
Few Questions that might hit you right now!
- How to identify where sales are headed and how inventory stacks up?
- How to predict trends and avoid pitfalls?
- How profits are projecting, and are we ready to react?
- How to incorporate transactional forms, as well as data maintenance and update capabilities?
- How to process requests quickly, intelligently, and efficiently?
If all of these are true, then SAP Netweaver Business Warehouse software is probably a wise investment.
Need Help Related to Questions stated above?
GeoViz has a history of serving enterprises to move to the next level of operational excellence focusing people, processes, infrastructure, and technology. We deliver, complex software development projects, Team Augmentations(co-sourcing), Business Intelligence, Retails Management, CRM, & Internet Technology solutions. GeoViz serves client inside North America specifically USA and Canada while physically serving clients in the cities of Seattle, Toronto, Buffalo, Ottawa, Monreal, London, Kitchener, Windsor, Detroit. Feel free to contact us or Drop us a note for any help or assistance.
Drop Us A Note